As you plan for your wedding, attending a bridal show is very helpful. Have your questions ready as you meet & greet many of Hampton Roads finest wedding professionals all in one area during one afternoon! Gather information, compare services, register for prizes, see the latest fashions, get great new ideas and just have fun! Here are more tips that will help make your experience at our bridal expos better:
- Be prepared to wait in line to register. Be patient! This is well worth it.
- Bring preprinted self-adhesive address labels if you have them. This will save you much time and allow you to sign up for anything you want very quickly.
- Bring a pen and print very clearly when registering for anything.
- Bring your checkbook if you want to actually book any services, or hold dates with a deposit. Be sure to check on refund policies before giving any money, and read the contract carefully before signing.
- Collect any information you are interested in - take it home to look over again when you have some quiet time.
- If you are out of town, send your mother or friend to register you for prizes and collect information on services you need.
- Be prepared to wear a "Bride-to-be" sticker to receive special attention from the vendors.
- The later fashion show time are generally less crowded.
It is nice if your fiance attends with you IF he is interested. About 30% do attend, so he won't be the only one there!
- Arrive at least one hour prior to the fashion show time that you want to see. Seating is usually first come-first serve.
Can you solve all your questions in one day?
Our wedding professionals will save you time, money and energy! So get your list of questions ready in the following areas:
FINANCIAL-What are four areas of agreement that a couple needs for a joyful marriage?
OFFICIATING-How much time in advance should one allow to obtain a marriage license?
CONSULTING-Why get more than just day of coordination services? DECOR—What are the popular color schemes that can match my wedding theme?
PHOTOGRAPHY-What can you do to prepare for your wedding day images?
BEAUTY-Outdoor photos? Indoor photos? Will you still look the same on both photos?
ENTERTAINMENT-How can I balance music between my friends and my parents' friends?
FLORALS-What flowers are best to consider during your wedding time in the year?
DESSERTS-What is the difference between a fondant cake and a butter cream cake? For chocolate fountains—How can you enhance your appetizer or dessert menu?
No question is ever a bad question! These wedding exhibitors you see will make your planning much easier and enjoyable for you!